The wildlife and birdlife are prolific in Mikumi and Udzungwa so prepare to be wowed and have your camera or binoculars at the ready at all times. Udzungwa is a pristine rainforest with excellent views of the forest canopy which is home to a number of primate species including the endemic Udzungwa Red Colobus, the remarkable Sanje Crested Mangabey, and the Black and White Colobus.
Day 1: Dar es salaam to Mikumi
You will be picked up from Dar es Salaam early morning (5 am) and drive to Mikumi National Park via Chalinze and Morogoro towns, this drive will take up to 7hrs. On arrival in Mikumi, you will proceed with an afternoon game drive until the evening. This park is home to lions, elephants, giraffes, and buffalos. Later, you will drive for an overnight stay at Camp Bastian Mikumi.
Day 2: Mikumi to Udzungwa
After having breakfast in the morning, you will then drive to Udzungwa Mountains National Park while being accompanied by a picnic lunch pack. Then, proceed with trekking that leads to the spectacular trails up to Sanje Falls, one of the unique features of Udzungwa. Here, you will get a good view of the Kilombero valley which is ideal for agriculture. Enjoy the whole afternoon tour of this unique park. After that, you will start driving back to Mikumi before dark for your overnight stay at Bastian Mikumi Camp or similar accommodations.
Day 3: Mikumi to Dar es Salaam
After an early breakfast, you will proceed to Mikumi another morning game drive or visit a small Maasai village until noon when you start driving back to Dar es Salaam for overnight.
$650 per person when 2 People travel together
$600 per person when 3 People travel together
$430 per person when 4 People travel together
$420 per person when 5 People travel together
$390 per person when 6 People travel together
What is Included
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water(On all days)
What is Not Included
- International flights(From/to home)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees